If you are starting a business in Alberta or operating already ...
We'll connect you to the information, support and advice you need to help you succeed in business. Call us at 1-800-272-9675
Do you need Market Research help?
Looking for information about competitors, trends, statistics, financial performance indicators, customer demographics and/or customer expenditures? Check out our Research Service.
Business Link Service Update
As of December 31, 2013, The Business Link will no longer operate its walk-in centre in Calgary. For services to help you start and grow your business in any Alberta location, call us at 1-800-272-9675 or contact us by email.
The Way We Work
The Business Link, supported by Alberta Enterprise and Advanced Education, Rural Alberta Business Centres, Alberta Innovates Technology Futures, and Productivity Alberta, undertook a comprehensive process of surveys, interviews and focus group sessions with both service providers and clients. Click here for the report.
Resources for Businesses affected by the 2013 Alberta Flood
There are resources available to help businesses to rebuild. We also created a guide that answers 14 of the most commonly asked questions by small business owners.
- The Business Link - Research Services
- CYBF interactive Business Plan Writer
- BizPaL - Online Business Permits and Licences Service
- City of Edmonton - Industrial Land Site Locator
- Employment Standards Tool Kit for Employers
- BDC web assessment tool
- Productivity Alberta - Workforce Development Toolkit
- BDC COMPASS
- SME Benchmarking Tool
- Intellectual property for exporting businesses
- Build a Privacy Plan for Your Business