Job Opportunity – Aboriginal Business Development Program Specialist
Join a special initiative of The Business Link to help provide specialized information and resources to Alberta's aboriginal entrepreneurs. Find out more about the position; applications accepted until September 8, 2014.
Check out our upcoming BizStart Webinars
Learn from local Alberta entrepreneurs and small business experts.
If you are starting a business in Alberta or operating already ...
We'll connect you to the business information, support and advice you need to help you succeed in business. Call us at 1-800-272-9675.
Alberta's minimum wage will be increasing effective September 1, 2014
For more details, see the new minimum wage fact sheet.
The Way We Work
The Business Link, supported by Alberta Enterprise and Advanced Education, Rural Alberta Business Centres, Alberta Innovates Technology Futures, and Productivity Alberta, undertook a comprehensive process of surveys, interviews and focus group sessions with both service providers and clients. Click here for the report.
Resources for Businesses affected by the 2013 Alberta Flood
There are resources available to help businesses to rebuild. We also created a guide that answers 14 of the most commonly asked questions by small business owners.
- The Business Link - Research Services
- Interactive Business Plan Writer
- BizPaL - Online Business Permits and Licences Service
- City of Edmonton - Industrial Land Site Locator
- Employment Standards Tool Kit for Employers
- BDC web assessment tool
- Productivity Alberta - Workforce Development Toolkit
- BDC COMPASS
- Financial Performance Data
- Intellectual property for exporting businesses
- Build a Privacy Plan for Your Business